100% full Not resolved
1.7

There is a long history concerning this company, one that is characterized by the company’s persistent failure to respond to communication and requests for documentation of invoiced charges.

After placing an order for a single 2013 edition of an appointment book in or about early November 2012, I had not received the edition by the end of 2012, at which point I wrote to the company to cancel the order. I received no reply to this communication.

In December 2014, I wrote again by email to the company informing them that I did not wish to receive further merchandise, following their dismal failure to fulfill in a timely manner an order for a single 2013 edition of its appointment book, which I placed in 2012, but which arrived a number of months late. Again, I received no reply from the company.

Upon receipt of several invoices pursuant to a 2014 edition, which I did not order, I wrote on a returned copy of an invoice, which I sent to the company by US Mail that I did not order such merchandise and would not agree to pay for merchandise that I did not order. Again, I received no reply.

Several months ago, I phoned the company and spoke with a person, who became very rude and hung up the phone on me, when I requested copies of any written authorization or other pertinent documentation that supported the company’s contention that I ordered and/or agreed to pay for said merchandise i.e. a 2014 appointment book. During the conversation, the company representative indicated that I had only received a “special price” on the 2013 edition because I had agreed to purchase ongoing copies of editions in future years at “regular” prices. I have no record of having made such an agreement, and I am certain that I did not sign nor did I otherwise knowingly agree to any such arrangement.

Since that conversation, I have continued to receive invoices and threatening letters from the company. I have not, however, received any copies of documentation to support the company’s assertions pursuant to any alleged agreement entered into.

I refer to the website, giftvalues.com, where I purchased the 2013 book:

“We believe you will look forward to using these planners for years to come. When you receive your 2015 edition(s), you automatically become eligible to receive future annual editions at full price. You will receive advance notice of shipment of next year's new edition(s) and you may cancel subsequent year's editions by returning the form provided. You are never under any obligation to buy future editions. Current subscribers are ineligible for this special offer.”

As stated in, I might add, in a location rather far down the webpage, the company promised to provide an advance notice of shipment and opt out form, which I did not receive. It also makes clear that in any event, I was never under any obligation to purchase any future editions by mere virtue of having received a “special price” on the 2013 edition, and that this purchase merely entitled me to be “eligible” to receive future editions at full price.

Moreover, as I had clearly cancelled the initial November 2012 order in writing in late December 2012, more than thirty days after purchasing it and before having actually received the first book, I should have actually received a refund of the original “special” purchase price, and, in any event, should certainly not have continued to receive further editions and invoices for these editions.

On the basis of the above facts, I respectfully requested that the company cease and desist with its efforts to collect the above amount, and that the company further cease and desist from engaging in deceptive and misleading sales and advertising practices that led to the current circumstances, which, I’m sure would have been likely to have deceived other customers. I furthermore requested in the alternative, that they provide written documentation that establishes that I agreed in writing to pay for editions beyond the initial 2013 edition, which I originally ordered.

I'm still awaiting their reply.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Stop sending merchandise, stop sending invoices, and cease threatening to turn the matter over to a collection agency..

I didn't like: Very slow shipment, Deceptive marketing practices, Fraudulent invoicing, Poor communication.

Had an Experience with Giftvalues?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion